Starting date: 17th October 2016
Length: 6 weeks
Estimated effort: 3-4 hours/week
Methodology: Individual & Pair work
Languages: Spanish / English
Level: Intermediate / Advanced (B1/B2/C1)
Do you want to improve your speaking skills in Spanish or English? Do you need practice speaking with a native speaker? This six-week course will help you develop speaking strategies by getting in contact with native speakers of Spanish or English. Improve your speaking fluency doing tandem tasks with native speakers of your target language. If you are a Spanish-speaking student of English or an English-speaking student of Spanish, this tandem MOOC is ideal for you! Sign up now!
- To interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that allows for regular interaction with native speakers.
- To take an active part in discussion in familiar contexts, accounting for and sustaining one’s views.
- To practise basic communication strategies
- To self-regulate one’s learning regarding speaking skills in a foreign language and evaluate others’ speaking skills in your own language
- Intended for native speakers of Spanish / English
- Provides lessons on communication strategies
- You will be expected to work in tandem with other students in a foreign language
- Your work will be assessed by peers who are native speakers of the language you are learning
- Feedback from tutors will be available for students in the top ranking of participation
- Provides opportunities to interact with other students
- Contains external social networking participation
- You should dedicate 3-4 hours weekly
Prerequisites: Students should be:
- 18+ years old
- Intermediate or advanced learners of Spanish or English (B1-B2)
Certificate: In order to avail of a certificate, students will have to complete a minimum of 70% of the activities