Starting date: 15th April 2020
Length: 6 weeks
Estimated effort: 3-4 hours/week
Methodology: Individual & Pair work
Languages: Spanish / English
Level: Intermediate / Advanced (B1/B2/C1)
Welcome to tandemMOOC! If you are a Spanish-speaking student of English or an English-speaking student of Spanish looking to work on your speaking, then you’re in the right place! Based on research and learning theories, we’ve put together this six-week course to help you develop speaking strategies and improve your fluency.
This course helps you to:
- practise basic communication strategies.
- work on speaking fluently and spontaneously enough that regular interaction with native speakers isn’t a problem.
- give and justify your opinion on topics you’re familiar with.
- be aware of your own language learning and evaluate others’ speaking skills in your language.
See How it works to find out more.
It’s great to have you here and we look forward to seeing you on the course!
- Intended for native speakers of Spanish / English
- Provides lessons on communication strategies
- You will be expected to work in tandem with other students in a foreign language
- Your work will be assessed by peers who are native speakers of the language you are learning
- Feedback from tutors will be available for students in the top ranking of participation
- Provides opportunities to interact with other students
- Contains external social networking participation
- You should dedicate 3-4 hours weekly
Prerequisites: Students should be:
- 18+ years old
- Intermediate or advanced learners of Spanish or English (B1-B2 or higher)
Certificate: After completing the course, you’ll get your personal progress report. We issue a certificate if you have done 2 tasks each week or a total of 12 over the 6 weeks, and if you have sent feedback to your partners for a minimum of these same number of tasks.